FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"
 
Default Gmail gone mad

I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
the email.

I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
gmail pages.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Gmail gone mad

2009/1/10 Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>:
> I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
> the email.
>
> I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
> gmail pages.
>
> Karl
>

So in which browser _is_ it giving you trouble? Opera? Konqueror?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-*-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه*-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-*-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-*-Ю-Я
а-б-в-г-д-е-ё-ж-з-и-й-к-л-м-н-о-п-р-с-т-у-ф-х-ц-ч-ш-щ-ъ-ы-ь-э-ю-я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"
 
Default Gmail gone mad

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/1/10 Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>:
>
>> I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
>> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
>> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
>> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
>> the email.
>>
>> I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
>> gmail pages.
>>
>> Karl
>>
>>
>
> So in which browser _is_ it giving you trouble? Opera? Konqueror?
>
>
The problem is on a Gnome with Thunderbird trying to send email. It
sudden stopped and now no problem. But it will start up again and it's a
problem.


Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
CLIFFORD ILKAY
 
Default Gmail gone mad

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
> the email.
>
> I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
> gmail pages.

I also see this problem with Thunderbird occasionally. Recently, I read
somewhere that it's a known Gmail bug.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis
1419-3266 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
Canada M4N 3P6

<http://dinamis.com>
+1 416-410-3326
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"
 
Default Gmail gone mad

CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
>> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
>> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
>> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
>> the email.
>>
>> I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
>> gmail pages.
>>
>
> I also see this problem with Thunderbird occasionally. Recently, I read
> somewhere that it's a known Gmail bug.
>
Well I hope someone figures out how to fix it. It is very bad when
it hits.

Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Mark Kirkwood
 
Default Gmail gone mad

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
> the email.
>
> I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
> gmail pages.
>
>
>
>

I have been seeing this off and on for a month or so too - using Gmail
via IMAP in Thunderbird. I'm not sure if POP users are seeing this too,
but it seems to be a known issue with Gmail and IMAP.

From what I could find on the web, no-one is sure *why* it is
happening, but as the Webmail interface to Gmail does not seem to
exhibit this, I suspect high load on Google IMAP servers is the culprit.
Maybe they thought only a comparitively few folks would want to access
their mail this way, and are a bit light on their IMAP infrastructure.

regards

Mark




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 AM
Ray Parrish
 
Default Gmail gone mad

Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my
>> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the
>> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every
>> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send
>> the email.
>>
>> I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my
>> gmail pages.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> I have been seeing this off and on for a month or so too - using Gmail
> via IMAP in Thunderbird. I'm not sure if POP users are seeing this too,
> but it seems to be a known issue with Gmail and IMAP.
>
> From what I could find on the web, no-one is sure *why* it is
> happening, but as the Webmail interface to Gmail does not seem to
> exhibit this, I suspect high load on Google IMAP servers is the culprit.
> Maybe they thought only a comparitively few folks would want to access
> their mail this way, and are a bit light on their IMAP infrastructure.
>
> regards
>
> Mark
>
>
>
>
>
Since you're wondering, I'll tell you, I'm using Thunderbird with a pop
account, and have experienced no problems whatsoever getting my email.
Thunderbird has always ran great for me, and I even have about ten years
worth of back mail built up in my folders as well. I've heard in the
Windows groups that Outlook chokes on this much saved mail. 8-)

Later, Ray Parrish

--
http://www.rayslinks.com/ Web index of human reviewed links.
<http://www.rayslinks.com/Troubleshooting%20and%20fixing%20Windows.html>
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows
http://www.writingsoftheschizophrenic.com My poetry in web pages


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Mark Kirkwood
 
Default Gmail gone mad

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> I'm not sure if POP users are seeing this too,
>> but it seems to be a known issue with Gmail and IMAP.
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Since you're wondering, I'll tell you, I'm using Thunderbird with a pop
> account, and have experienced no problems whatsoever getting my email.
> Thunderbird has always ran great for me, and I even have about ten years
> worth of back mail built up in my folders as well. I've heard in the
> Windows groups that Outlook chokes on this much saved mail. 8-)
>
>
>

LOL - just noticed reports of the password prompt issue with POP
accounts too... if you are not experiencing it you are merely most
fortunate :-)

I second the comment about mailbox quantity - I have about 10 years of
mail as well, (probably more than 60000 emails, mainly in a POP account
- not the gmail account), and Thunderbird handles them no problem.

best wishes

Mark

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-12-2009, 06:25 AM
"James Matthews"
 
Default Gmail gone mad

I have the same issue on windows

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:14 AM, CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay@dinamis.com> wrote:

Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> * * I have had occasional problems with Gmail flipping a panel up in my

> face asking for my gmail password. I have given it and clicked on the

> box saying save it in password manager. But toady it's gone mad. Every

> 15 seconds it is asking for the password and will not allow me to send

> the email.

>

> * * I tested the password and it works fine on Firefox to bring up my

> gmail pages.



I also see this problem with Thunderbird occasionally. Recently, I read

somewhere that it's a known Gmail bug.

--

Regards,



Clifford Ilkay

Dinamis

1419-3266 Yonge St.

Toronto, ON

Canada *M4N 3P6



<http://dinamis.com>

+1 416-410-3326


--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users




--
http://www.goldwatches.com/

http://www.jewelerslounge.com/


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org