Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
stan

Default MySQL install password?

I am trying to get ampache running on my Ubuntu machine. This package uses
MySQL. I looked at the MySQL 5.0 docs in /usr/share/docs, and it syas there
that I should be able to set the MySQL root user password with:

/usr/bin/mysql -u root -D mysql -e "update user set
password=password('new-password') where user='root'"

But when I try that, it fails, saying I need a passwrd. How can I find out
what password got set by the installer?

programs.