Old 01-09-2009, 10:42 PM
"David Fox"

Default i386 apps in x86_64 envirinment

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM, don fisher <hdf3@comcast.net> wrote:

> How does one add the 32 bit environment to a 64 bit ubuntu install?
> Along similar lines, how does one install both the Gnome and KDE on the

If you want ia32 (or 32 bit support) you want to install the ia32-libs
package. That'll get you what is needed to run the 32 bit apps that
are available.

The easiest way to get KDE functionality is to install kubuntu-desktop.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Loc Martin

don fisher wrote:
> I am converting from Fedora, so please pardon any indiscretions.
>
> I attempted to install the Adobe acrobat .deb package from adobe.com.
> There were libraries that were not available. In Fedora, one could
> install both 32 bit and 64 bit environments. The RPM names and yum
> descriptions contained the architecture description.

For acroread, use the medibuntu repository, which offers amd64 packages.
If you're using Intrepid, you can check they indeed have those at
http://packages.medibuntu.org/intrepid/acroread.html

Loc