Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Paolo

Default Network works with 2.6.27-10 but not with 2.6.27-11

Hello,

With Ubuntu 8.10 Networking works OK for me with kernel 2.6.27-10-generic
but when I choose the newest kernel from the Grub menu 2.6.27.11-generic I
cannot get any connection, and the routing table is empty.

(I remember that when the updated kernel was installed there was a dialogue
about some file which asked if I wanted to install the packet manager's version
to which I replied in the affirmative. I thought it was the Grub menu list, but
maybe it was something else...)

Anyway, if I boot the -10 kernel and go to Network Tools > Netstat > Routing
Table Information, I see a full routing table. But if I boot into -11, that
routing table is empty.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to check next?

thanks,
Paolo

Old 01-09-2009, 02:11 PM
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)"

Paolo wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to check next?

- What is you network interface chipset?
- its module?
- Search for any bug related to ubuntu and the module

No more "direction" to give you... sorry

Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Paolo

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> - What is you network interface chipset?

Hmm. Maybe it is hardware related. I have added my info to