-   -   new router status page problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/224967-new-router-status-page-problem.html)

Wade Smart 01-09-2009 03:16 AM

new router status page problem

20090108 2209 GMT-5

My router failed so I borrowed a Linksys with ddwrt until I get my new
one. When I had just my linksys router when I had port forwarding off it
just showed a blank page of some sort.. I dont recall now but it was
nothing to worry about. Now though, when I have port forwarding off it
shows the ddwrt status page. Im a little uneasy with all the information
it shows.

Im sure others have had this problem and have posted on the ddwrt forums
but Im just not getting my search times right cause I cant find
anything that even sounds similar to my problem.

Are there any options?

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005

"Tony Yarusso" 01-09-2009 09:18 AM

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> 20090108 2209 GMT-5
>
> My router failed so I borrowed a Linksys with ddwrt until I get my new
> one. When I had just my linksys router when I had port forwarding off it
> just showed a blank page of some sort.. I dont recall now but it was
> nothing to worry about. Now though, when I have port forwarding off it
> shows the ddwrt status page. Im a little uneasy with all the information
> it shows.
>
> Im sure others have had this problem and have posted on the ddwrt forums
> but Im just not getting my search times right cause I cant find
> anything that even sounds similar to my problem.
>
> Are there any options?
>
> Wade
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Linux since June 2005

DD-WRT has an option to password-restrict the status page.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/

Derek Broughton 01-09-2009 01:52 PM

Tony Yarusso wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 20090108 2209 GMT-5
>>
>> My router failed so I borrowed a Linksys with ddwrt until I get my new
>> one. When I had just my linksys router when I had port forwarding off it
>> just showed a blank page of some sort.. I dont recall now but it was
>> nothing to worry about. Now though, when I have port forwarding off it
>> shows the ddwrt status page. Im a little uneasy with all the information
>> it shows.
>>
>> Im sure others have had this problem and have posted on the ddwrt forums
>> but Im just not getting my search times right cause I cant find
>> anything that even sounds similar to my problem.
>>
>> Are there any options?
>>>

> DD-WRT has an option to password-restrict the status page.

And restrict it to https, I believe.

Wade Smart 01-09-2009 04:28 PM

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Tony Yarusso wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 20090108 2209 GMT-5
>>>
>>> My router failed so I borrowed a Linksys with ddwrt until I get my new
>>> one. When I had just my linksys router when I had port forwarding off it
>>> just showed a blank page of some sort.. I dont recall now but it was
>>> nothing to worry about. Now though, when I have port forwarding off it
>>> shows the ddwrt status page. Im a little uneasy with all the information
>>> it shows.
>>>
>>> Im sure others have had this problem and have posted on the ddwrt forums
>>> but Im just not getting my search times right cause I cant find
>>> anything that even sounds similar to my problem.
>>>
>>> Are there any options?
>> DD-WRT has an option to password-restrict the status page.
>
> And restrict it to https, I believe.

20090109 1129 GMT-5

It does, and I have put a password on it, but the basic status page you
dont need a password on. You an view quite a bit of info before actually
signing on to make any changes.

Wade

Sylphid 01-10-2009 02:23 AM

Wade Smart wrote:
> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Tony Yarusso wrote:

>>> DD-WRT has an option to password-restrict the status page.
>> And restrict it to https, I believe.
>>

> 20090109 1129 GMT-5
>
> It does, and I have put a password on it, but the basic status page you
> dont need a password on. You an view quite a bit of info before actually
> signing on to make any changes.
>
> Wade

Im running 24-sp1 and you can protect the info site by going to
Administration > Management > check the "Info Site Password Protection"
box. Dont forget that you have already authenticated so you will have to
clear your authenticated sessions before trying again to verify that is
working.

jim barnes 01-11-2009 01:26 PM

On Thursday 08 January 2009 09:16:00 pm Wade Smart wrote:
> 20090108 2209 GMT-5
>
> My router failed so I borrowed a Linksys with ddwrt until I get my new
> one. When I had just my linksys router when I had port forwarding off it
> just showed a blank page of some sort.. I dont recall now but it was
> nothing to worry about. Now though, when I have port forwarding off it
> shows the ddwrt status page. Im a little uneasy with all the information
> it shows.
>
> Im sure others have had this problem and have posted on the ddwrt forums
> but Im just not getting my search times right cause I cant find
> anything that even sounds similar to my problem.
>
> Are there any options?

Administration > Web Access > Enable Info Site > Disable

HTH,
--
Jim Barnes