Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Karl Larsen

Default OT How to set up another user

I am using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.9 on my Hardy Ubuntu fully
updated for about a year. I wanted to change my use of Gmail to appear
as my old Zianet account. So I looked at Thunderbird and to my surprise
it works! Here is what you do:

First click on Edit and then Account settings. On that page I
click on my Gmail account. It was normal until I then click on Manage
Identites. Here you see the normal klarsen1@gmail.com and I added Karl
Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> as another identity. There are now two.

When I send email now I either use the regular
klarsen1@gmail.com or I select to use k5di@zianet.com and it works!

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 AM
"Chris Mohler"

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Karl Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.9 on my Hardy Ubuntu fully
> updated for about a year. I wanted to change my use of Gmail to appear
> as my old Zianet account. So I looked at Thunderbird and to my surprise
> it works! Here is what you do:

Maybe you should write documentation for the Mozilla Corporation. I'm
sure *that's* not in the user manual...

</sarcasm>

PFTLOATIHRTFM,
Chris