Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default Is there an off line version of Wikipedia?

Charlie Dorff wrote:
> I was wondering if there is an off line version of Wikipedia and if
> there is how do you install it? Thank you.

http://www.ghacks.net/2008/08/06/download-and-use-wikipedia-offline-with-firefox/
http://download.wikimedia.org/

Made with a 30 sec search on Internet...

Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
"Mark Haney"

Charlie Dorff wrote:
> Hi...
> I was wondering if there is an off line version of Wikipedia and if there is how do you install it? Thank you.
> Charlie

Offline? As in a downloadable copy of the entire wikipedia site?

Or the wiki part itself? If you want the wiki part, that's available as
mediawiki and should be in the repository I would think.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

Old 01-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Mark Haney wrote:
> Offline? As in a downloadable copy of the entire wikipedia site?

Yeah!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
"Harry L. Lee"

6here is an educational version available on dvd. I just copied it to my flash drive, and opened the index.html in the base directory. it does not have search, you have to flip through indices manually.

I was wondering if there is an off line version of Wikipedia and if there is how do you install it? Thank you.
Charlie

harry@jonesnose.com
Harry L Lee (via gmail)
chief cook and bottle washer
http://jonesnose.com

mailto:harry@jonesnose.com
207-384-8030 (email preferred)

Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Charlie Dorff

Thank you for responding to my email. What I meant is downloadable copy. Sometimes I don't always have internet access so I thought it would be nice to have a searchable database of all the wikipedia artcles on laptop.
Charlie