-   -   Oops Synaptic failure (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/22441-oops-synaptic-failure.html)

Willis 12-24-2007 05:19 PM

Oops Synaptic failure

I attempted to run Synaptic and received the following;

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to
correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do here? I'm running Gutsy on a
Soyo MB with an AMD Duron 1.3 gig with 750 MB of Memory and 80 Gig hdd.

Leonard Chatagnier 12-24-2007 05:59 PM

Oops Synaptic failure

--- Willis <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I attempted to run Synaptic and received the
> following;
>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg
> --configure -a' to
> correct the problem.
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what to do here?
Hello Willis,
Not to sound snotty, but have you tried the command
the error message said to run(sudo dpkg --configure
-a). Be sure Synaptic doesn't have an active
lock(close synaptic). Use "sudo dpkg --configure -a",
enter your password at the prompt, hit enter and your
problem may resolve itself. If not, the error
messages will give some clue(s) on what to try next.
Good luck and if your proablem still exists reply back
with the error output and someone will help. I don't
know the significance of: E: _cache->open() failed,
please report. If it significant, someone else will
have to help.

Merry Christmas,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Nils Kassube 12-24-2007 06:15 PM

Oops Synaptic failure

Willis wrote:
> I attempted to run Synaptic and received the following;
>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to
> correct the problem.
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what to do here?

Like the message said: manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'. I.e. open a
terminal and type the command

dpkg --configure -a

That should fix the problem.

Nils