Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default courier-imap: Setting MAILDIR in /etc/default/courier has no effect

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 00:53:08 -0800
Blaise Gassend <blaise.gassend@gmail.com> wrote:

> Package: courier-imap
> Version: 4.3.0.20081027-1ubuntu1
> Severity: normal
>

> According to /usr/share/doc/courier-base/README.Debian, the directory
> where maildirs are stored is set in /etc/default/courier. However,
> looking at /etc/init.d/courier-imap, it appears
> that /etc/default/courier sets the wrong variable (MAILDIR instead of
> MAILDIRPATH), and that even once that is corrected, the setting is
> overridden in the last line of /etc/courier/imapd. I'm not sure what
> the most appropriate way of setting these defaults is, but the way
> things currently stand is very confusing.
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers hardy-updates
> APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500,
> 'hardy') Architecture: i386 (i686)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-19-generic (SMP w/1 CPU core)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
>
> Versions of packages courier-imap depends on:
> ii courier-authlib 0.60.1-1ubuntu2 Courier authentication
> library ii courier-base 0.58.0.20080127-1ubuntu1 Courier mail
> server - base system ii debconf 1.5.20
> Debian configuration management sy ii exim4-daemon-li
> 4.69-2 lightweight Exim MTA (v4) daemon ii
> libc6 2.7-10ubuntu3 GNU C Library: Shared
> libraries ii libgamin0 [libf 0.1.9-2ubuntu2 Client library
> for the gamin file ii libgdbm3 1.8.3-3 GNU
> dbm database routines (runtime ii lsb-base
> 3.2-4ubuntu1 Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip
>
> courier-imap recommends no packages.
>
> -- debconf information:
> courier-imap/moveconfig: true

Can you file this on launchpad? I know the system sent it to the users
mailing list, but it never gets worked if it stays here.

The right place to file bug reports is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu

That will give the developers a chance to see if they can fix it.

Thanks.

--
Charlie Kravetz