Old 12-21-2008, 04:28 AM
"Shiva Chikkalli"

Default Intel845 resolution problem

Hey Guys,

I have installed UBUNTU8.10 on my Desktop with dual OS(Windows XP). I had issues during installation and got solved by referring the UBUNTU community. Now everything in fine except the desktop screen. The configuration is as below:

INTEL P4 2.4 GHz processor
256+512 MB RAM
Intel845g Mercury Motherboard
Samsung 17" Monitor

I have set the resolution to 1024x768 and 75 Hz refresh rate. Inspite of this, my screen is blur. It looks like the driver is using lesser color depth but I am not sure. Please help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

regards
Shiva