Old 12-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Mark

Default Problem with installation of OpenOffice 3.0

Hi everyone:

Well, I thought I had OpenOffice 3.0 installed but apparently I didn't
after all.

I tried uninstalling OpenOffice 2.4 using Synaptic and installed 3.0 but
I keep coming up with the same error message below. Can anyone tell me
what I seem to be doing wrong? Thank you.

mark@mark:~/Desktop/OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358/DEBS/desktop-integration$ sudo dpkg -i openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb
dpkg: regarding openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb
containing openoffice.org-debian-menus:
openoffice.org-core conflicts with openoffice.org-unbundled
openoffice.org-debian-menus provides openoffice.org-unbundled and is
to be installed.
dpkg: error processing openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb
(--install):
conflicting packages - not installing openoffice.org-debian-menus
openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb

Thanks. Mark