Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
"H.S."

Default Ubuntu 101 for novices video or graphical tutorials?

Hello,

As some of you might recall from my previous posts, I have introduced
some computer novices to Ubuntu. I handhold them now an then to show
them some mundane and basic tasks. I was wondering, as there any short
video or flash or graphical tutorials that describe the very basics of
Ubuntu desktop usage?

For example, how to move and copy files and folders, how to use the
mouse for copy, paste, editing, etc. Any pointers?

Thanks.

ever having been read.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 11:56 -0500, H.S. wrote:
> I was wondering, as there any short
> video or flash or graphical tutorials that describe the very basics of
> Ubuntu desktop usage?

I haven't tried them, but this comes up as the first Google hit for
ubuntu AND video AND tutorial:
http://ubuntuclips.org/
They also link to here: http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/

Old 12-21-2008, 04:23 PM
"H.S."

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 11:56 -0500, H.S. wrote:
>> I was wondering, as there any short
>> video or flash or graphical tutorials that describe the very basics of
>> Ubuntu desktop usage?
>
> I haven't tried them, but this comes up as the first Google hit for
> ubuntu AND video AND tutorial:
> http://ubuntuclips.org/
> They also link to here: http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/

Yes, I have tried these but could get find the ones I was looking for.
But let me look at them again.

BTW, searching youtube for similar terms is also productive.

Regards.

ever having been read.