Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 AM
martin f krafft

Default gksudo just sleeps, exits without displaying anything and without error

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2008.12.20.1541 +0100]:
> I am experiencing a strange problem with gksudo on an 8.10
> installation. If I run something like 'gksudo synaptic' from
> a terminal, the command seems to sleep for 3-5 seconds and then
> returns with exit code 0. However, no password prompt was displayed,
> and synaptic did not get started.
[...]
> buffer: -sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo-

This is related to the Defaults requiretty setting that puppet
pushed to the machine. Once I disable it, the problem goes away.

this space intentionally left occupied.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

Old 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
martin f krafft

also sprach Brian McKee <brian.mckee@gmail.com> [2008.12.22.1533 +0100]:
> What happens if you use gksu rather than gksudo ?

Same problem. Absolutely identical.

have you drugged your kids today?

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net