Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Jesse Keating

Default Time to cull PACKAGES

I'm trying to debug why we aren't getting images in rawhide recently,
and in doing so I've been running parts of buildinstall by hand (god
this is terrible to debug). One thing I noticed is that we're trying to
install a lot of things that aren't around anymore. Now, maybe this is
bad use of Provides/Obsoletes, but maybe it's also time to cull the list
a bit...

grep "No package" /tmp/yum.out
No package dejavu-fonts available.
No package dmapi available.
No package libdhcp available.
No package libdhcp4client available.
No package libdhcp6client available.
No package liblbxutil available.
No package libpixman available.
No package libtermcap available.
No package policy available.
No package pyspi available.
No package python-elementtree available.
No package raidtools available.
No package redhat-artwork available.
No package xorg-x11 available.
No package xorg-x11-auth available.
No package xorg-x11-base available.
No package xorg-x11-libs available.
No package xorg-x11-libs-data available.
No package xorg-x11-xkbdata available.

Thoughts?
--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 20:50 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> No package dejavu-fonts available.

I guess this explains why Rawhide installs have been looking like ass as
of late. Could we get this changed to dejavu-sans-fonts please? Or at
least have it added?

Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Jeremy Katz

I'm trying to debug why we aren't getting images in rawhide recently,
and in doing so I've been running parts of buildinstall by hand (god
this is terrible to debug). One thing I noticed is that we're
trying to
install a lot of things that aren't around anymore. Now, maybe this
is
bad use of Provides/Obsoletes, but maybe it's also time to cull the
list

a bit...

[snip]

Thoughts?

We talked about it a bit a few months ago -- the upside of listing the
old names is that we are more flexible in the environment that we work
in.

Jeremy