-   -   Latest update broke Firefox (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/215598-latest-update-broke-firefox.html)

"Edward Craig" 12-18-2008 04:20 PM

Latest update broke Firefox

Today's update broke Firefox
Error code shows:
ASSERT:***Search_installLocation: Engine has no file!

--
Edward P. Craig
"Think this through with me. Let me know your mind" Hunter/Garcia

Matthew Flaschen 12-20-2008 11:49 PM

Edward Craig wrote:
> Today's update broke Firefox
> Error code shows:
> ASSERT:***Search_installLocation: Engine has no file!

I think this is just "inconsistent state" because some of the files are
updated, while others are not (because they are still in memory). Close
Firefox completely, then see if it's fixed.

Matt Flaschen