Old 12-20-2008, 11:05 AM
"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy"

Default Professional Audio CD creating under linux

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help suggestions.

I'd like to burn audio CDs in DAO mode, with slow burning speed.
And I'd like to have "extra" info on each track, for instance, track name, artist, date etc.

I've already bumped into custom cds which I put in the drive, and if the user have windows media player it
automatically shows the artist info, and track title just as I had a commercial CD.

I've always wondered how it is done, with which program. I now what is CDDB but since I burn my own recordings, it's someting else. Like little tags in mp3s which I can do under linux with EasyTag program.

The programs I tried so far are K3B, brasro neither of them fulfills those needs. One cannot burn the compilation in 4x speed, the other can't burn in Disc-at-once mode.

Please help me find the application if it exist for linux.

thanks,

Zoltan

Old 12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
"H.S."

Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like to ask for your help suggestions.
>
> I'd like to burn audio CDs in DAO mode, with slow burning speed.
> And I'd like to have "extra" info on each track, for instance, track name,
> artist, date etc.
>
> I've already bumped into custom cds which I put in the drive, and if the
> user have windows media player it
> automatically shows the artist info, and track title just as I had a
> commercial CD.
>
> I've always wondered how it is done, with which program. I now what is CDDB
> but since I burn my own recordings, it's someting else. Like little tags in
> mp3s which I can do under linux with EasyTag program.
>
> The programs I tried so far are K3B, brasro neither of them fulfills those
> needs. One cannot burn the compilation in 4x speed, the other can't burn in
> Disc-at-once mode.
>
> Please help me find the application if it exist for linux.
>
> thanks,
>
> Zoltan

I have had success with first editing the tags of tracks I want to burn
(usually some home recorded stuff that I have in flac; since flac can
have tag information) using easytag and then burning those tracks using
k3b. In k3b, as far as I know, I must also check the box "Write CD-Text"
in the CD-Text tab to get metadata in to the disc.

Regards

ever having been read.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy"

Hi,

Thanks, I just tried this,and it worked so I'm very thankful and happy.
I missed that tickle inside the options menu.

Thanks very much,

Zoltan