Old 12-20-2008, 01:47 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Internet Connection Problem

Hello,

I am using Broadband services at home and using Ubuntu on my desktop. Many times, I am unable
to get internet working and many times if I do " sudo pppoeconf" and then "sudo pon dsl-provider" then

the connection starts, and sometimes, I have to unplug the connection, go to Window Vista, start the
connection* there and then replug the wire to Ubuntu machine to get the connection.* Internet
service providers say that their services have no problems, must be the problems with your machine.

They are also correct, because Intenet always works on Window Vista 24/7.

What should I do to get the same reliability on Ubuntu ?

csv