Old 12-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Keith Clark

Default ATI Xpress 200 display problems

I seem to be having a strange problem with my graphics card. Compiz
works just fine with it. No issues at all, but when I try Google Earth,
or Flight Gear, they run very fast, but the display flickers
constantly. Just the windows where the program is running though. The
rest of the desktop is just fine. If I don't move my mouse, the window
disappears. I have to keep moving my mouse in order to see the
flickering display.

Any thoughts on how to go about fixing/troubleshooting?

Keith

Old 12-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Keith Clark

Keith Clark wrote:
I seem to be having a strange problem with my graphics card. Compiz
works just fine with it. No issues at all, but when I try Google
Earth, or Flight Gear, they run very fast, but the display flickers
constantly. Just the windows where the program is running though.
The rest of the desktop is just fine. If I don't move my mouse, the
window disappears. I have to keep moving my mouse in order to see the
flickering display.

Any thoughts on how to go about fixing/troubleshooting?

Keith

Ok, I found a work around. Turn off Compiz. Seems to solve the problem.

Keith