Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 PM
"Jose Rodriguez"

Default Problem: configuration of video, sound, networking, etc; on a new kernel.

Hello everyone! This is my 1st mail that i send to the list. I hope i get to help others and receive help as well.
By saying that, here is my problem: i have installed Ubuntu 8.04 under kernel 2.6.24.19. I downloaded kernel 2.6.27.7, compiled and runned Ubuntu with it, but somehow i have problems with the drivers of video, sound, wireless card, etc; the network driver seems to be working b/c when i plugged in the eth cable it got connected right away. Anyhow, how can i configure or installed those drivers? I try to use Synaptic to download Nvidia's tool, like i did on the other kernel, so i can manage and configure my video settings but it didnt work. It doesnt recognize that i have an nvidia card. So, as you can see i need some help. I havent use Ubuntu or Linux that much, that's why i seem kind of lost on this subject. I dont know why it works with one kernel but with this it doesnt.

Thanxs everyone
--
A day without sunshine is like, you know...night.