Old 12-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Robert Fitzpatrick

Default Nvidia card causing high cpu usage

I finally got my new widescreen monitor to work using DVI after I
switched from a Matrox card to Nvidia. It works, but the cpu usage
shoots way up with every opening or usage of any program, Firefox,
Evolution, rdesktop, etc. It is unbearable. I found plenty of other
posts of the problem, but only one possible solution in a couple of
posts about adding the 'UseEvents' options to xorg.conf, but still no
help. Can anyone suggest how I can track down and solve this issue?

--
Robert