Old 12-19-2008, 07:13 AM
"Hannah Josephine Dippe"

Default Low display-resolution on ThinkPad i1200

Hello all,

it's not possible, to change resolution greater to 800x600.

Inside my ThinkPad there is a SMI LynxEM+ graphic with 2MB RAM.
The interface PCI 2.1 use PCI ID: 126f:0712.
The chipset is SM712G.

Please help me to solve this problem, it's the last I have with ubuntu.
All other tasks run very good.

Greetings

hannah josephine dippe

Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Knapp

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Hannah Josephine Dippe
<hannah@hannah-and-friends.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> it's not possible, to change resolution greater to 800x600.
>
> Inside my ThinkPad there is a SMI LynxEM+ graphic with 2MB RAM.
> The interface PCI 2.1 use PCI ID: 126f:0712.
> The chipset is SM712G.
>
> Please help me to solve this problem, it's the last I have with ubuntu.
> All other tasks run very good.
>

> Greetings
>
> hannah josephine dippe

What is your screen's max rating? What resolution do you want to have?

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FFE?ie=UTF8&tag=seattlebujinkand&linkCode=a s2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001078FF E

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 AM
"Hannah Josephine Dippe"

The max resolution under Windows was 1024x786

This is what I want to have under ubuntu too.

I hope you can help me !?

hannah josephine dippe

Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 AM
"Mark H. Nichols"

On Dec 19, 2008, at 4:25 AM, Hannah Josephine Dippe wrote:

> The max resolution under Windows was 1024x786
>
> This is what I want to have under ubuntu too.
>
> I hope you can help me !?

The ThinkWiki site (http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki) has lots
of Lenovo/ThinkPad information. Perhaps if you find your model
laptop there, it will give you a resolution for your issue.

Mark

Old 12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Knapp

Hello, did you get that problem fixed?