Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
NoOp

Default Open Office problems

On 12/18/2008 01:07 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> I went to Google and put in open office and there was a list of many
> places to d/l what I wanted. But it is all now been taken over by a
> company that takes Money from you and then lets you d/l O-O. I bit and
> they charged me $34.95 and then I discovered it is not Sun but a off
> shore business. I threatened to call Visa and have them cancel any
> further charges to their account. This carried my point and they are
> sending my money back.
>
> Now I tried other sites but none work. Does anyone know where I can
> d/l O-O version 3.0 for Windows?
>
> Karl

It's "OpenOffice.org"

http://www.openoffice.org/
http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

Old 12-18-2008, 08:55 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

NoOp wrote:
> On 12/18/2008 01:07 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> I went to Google and put in open office and there was a list of many
>> places to d/l what I wanted. But it is all now been taken over by a
>> company that takes Money from you and then lets you d/l O-O. I bit and
>> they charged me $34.95 and then I discovered it is not Sun but a off
>> shore business. I threatened to call Visa and have them cancel any
>> further charges to their account. This carried my point and they are
>> sending my money back.
>>
>> Now I tried other sites but none work. Does anyone know where I can
>> d/l O-O version 3.0 for Windows?
>>
>> Karl
>>

> It's "OpenOffice.org"
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/
> http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

Thanks I was headed that way. Just for the record you can't get that
address from Google if you just put in open office.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Preston Kutzner

Thanks I was headed that way. Just for the record you can't get
that

address from Google if you just put in open office.

No, but you can get it by googling "openoffice". In fact, it's the
first non-sponsored link.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 PM
"H.S."

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> It's "OpenOffice.org"
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/
>> http://download.openoffice.org/index.html
>>

> Thanks I was headed that way. Just for the record you can't get that
> address from Google if you just put in open office.
>
> Karl

I do. The first hit I get is www: OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open
Productivity Suite. In fact, the first 4 or 5 links are of
openoffice.org website.

ever having been read.