Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default package removal

Hello,

What is the difference between "Mark for Removal" and "Mark for complete removal" in
Ubuntu package manager ?

Thanks.
csv

Old 12-18-2008, 05:18 PM
"H.S."

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the difference between "Mark for Removal" and "Mark for complete
> removal" in
> Ubuntu package manager ?

The latter removes all configurations files of the package as well, the
former does not. The former is helpful is you want to reinstall the same
package later on while not having to redo all the configurations.

ever having been read.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Jens Maucher

Please remove