-   -   package removal (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/214373-package-removal.html)

"Chaman Singh Verma" 12-18-2008 05:08 PM

package removal

Hello,

What is the difference between "Mark for Removal" and "Mark for complete removal" in
Ubuntu package manager ?

Thanks.
csv

"H.S." 12-18-2008 05:18 PM

package removal

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the difference between "Mark for Removal" and "Mark for complete
> removal" in
> Ubuntu package manager ?

The latter removes all configurations files of the package as well, the
former does not. The former is helpful is you want to reinstall the same
package later on while not having to redo all the configurations.

ever having been read.

Jens Maucher 12-23-2008 07:06 AM

Package removal

Please remove