Old 12-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Martin McCormick

Default How do you Undefine A character in stty? I figured it out.

After what I call the syntax ripsaw, where nothing seems
to work so you make a couple of 1-line shell scripts that make
one's fingers do less work, I figured out that you don't need
the = sign. The stty man page said one could use either hex or
decimal digits to describe the character one is trying to set
but nothing would work.

Finally, I thought to delete = and just put the value
after the name. That worked. the ^- to unset something works
like this:

#sudo stty -F /dev/ttyUSB1 eof ^-

That's the literal character ^ followed by the - and voila, it
worked!

My suggestion for the future:

An example at the bottom of the man page would save a lot of
discovery time. Not griping, just an observation.

Martin McCormick