Old 12-17-2008, 05:54 PM
NoOp

Default O.O. Writer -attempt to get rid of ' automatically inserted' blank pages.

On 12/17/2008 03:16 AM, Bas Roufs wrote:
> Dear Everybody
>
> OpenOffice Writer automatically inserts a blank page at the border between
> the 'First Page' page style and the 'Default' page style. So far, I
> only discovered an option NOT to print this blank page: TOOLS >
> OPTIONS > OpenOffice Writer>print > untick box 'Print automatically
> inserted blank pages'. However, this option does not work when I
> export the document to PDF or any other format. That's why I am looking for some
> option to prevent such blank pages from being inserted in the
> document. In other words: is there any way to OPT OUT the
> 'automatically inserted blank pages', or simply to get rid of them?
> I would really appreciate any possible answer that may contribute to
> the solution of this problem.
>
> Respectfully Yours,
>
> Bas.

Does this work for you?

File|Export as PDF|General| untick "Export automatically inserted blank
pages".

Old 12-17-2008, 07:20 PM
"Bas Roufs"

With respect to your input, Noop:

> Does this work for you?
>
> File|Export as PDF|General| untick "Export automatically inserted blank
> pages".

Before checking this, I need to verify whether I understand you
properly. Are you pointing at a possibility to untick an option
"Export automatically inserted blank pages" at the 'General' tab of
the submenu 'Export as PDF', in the menu 'File'?
However it may be - this approach might be very useful for me. This
Saturday is my first possibility to check it.

>The option to not print blank pages should have done what you ask for.
When printing inside OO Writer only, you are absolutely right. But
when exporting to e.g. PDF, it does not work any more, when printing
from PDF. Often I export to PDF OO documents.

> However, there is, as far as I can tell, no automatic blank page between
> First Page and Default. (Unless you are also inserting a page break with
> a manually specified page number.)
That phrase between brackets may be the key :-) I always manually
specify a new page number between the front page and the second
one....... However it may be, I will experiment with it coming
Saturday - the next occasion to work with my computer.

>Note, I'm testing with OO version 2.3 There might be changes in this
>behaviour in version 3 that I'm not aware of.

As far as I can see now, there are not yet differences in this respect.

For both of you: thanks for your input so far. I will get back to you
next Saturday.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--
===============
Viaconsensus

Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
NoOp

On 12/17/2008 12:20 PM, Bas Roufs wrote:
> With respect to your input, Noop:
>
>> Does this work for you?
>>
>> File|Export as PDF|General| untick "Export automatically inserted blank
>> pages".
>
> Before checking this, I need to verify whether I understand you
> properly. Are you pointing at a possibility to untick an option
> "Export automatically inserted blank pages" at the 'General' tab of
> the submenu 'Export as PDF', in the menu 'File'?
> However it may be - this approach might be very useful for me. This
> Saturday is my first possibility to check it.

Yes. In OOo when you export to a pdf you can use File|Export as PDF|
In the General tab of that dialog is a "Export automatically inserted
blank pages" option. Untick it.