Old 12-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Alan Watson

Default stalin: (vector->list argv) causes a segmentation fault

Package: stalin
Version: 0.11-4
Severity: important

The following program causes a segmentation fault:

(write (vector->list argv))
(newline)

Witness the following:

$ cat >argv-bug.ss <<'EOF'
> (write (vector->list argv))
> (newline)
> EOF
$ stalin -On -copt '-O -fno-strict-aliasing' argv-bug.ss && ./argv-bug
In LOOP[1387]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In LOOP[1387]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In [inside LOOP 1392]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In [inside LOOP 1392]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In [inside LOOP 1391]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In [inside LOOP 1390]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In [inside LOOP 1388]
Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
In LOOP[1376]
First argument to STRING-REF might not be a string
In LOOP[1376]
First argument to STRING-REF might not be a string
In LOOP[1376]
First argument to STRING-REF might not be a string
Segmentation fault
$

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers hardy-updates
APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500,
'hardy')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-19-server (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages stalin depends on:
ii dpkg-dev 1.14.16.6ubuntu4 package building tools
for Debian
ii libc6 2.7-10ubuntu4 GNU C Library: Shared
libraries
ii libgc-dev 1:6.8-1.1 conservative garbage
collector for

stalin recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

Old 12-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:55:55 -0600
Alan Watson <alan@alan-watson.org> wrote:

> Package: stalin
> Version: 0.11-4
> Severity: important
>
> The following program causes a segmentation fault:
>
> (write (vector->list argv))
> (newline)
>
> Witness the following:
>
> $ cat >argv-bug.ss <<'EOF'
> > (write (vector->list argv))
> > (newline)
> > EOF
> $ stalin -On -copt '-O -fno-strict-aliasing' argv-bug.ss && ./argv-bug
> In LOOP[1387]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In LOOP[1387]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In [inside LOOP 1392]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In [inside LOOP 1392]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In [inside LOOP 1391]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In [inside LOOP 1390]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In [inside LOOP 1388]
> Argument to STRUCTURE-REF might not be a structure of the correct type
> In LOOP[1376]
> First argument to STRING-REF might not be a string
> In LOOP[1376]
> First argument to STRING-REF might not be a string
> In LOOP[1376]
> First argument to STRING-REF might not be a string
> Segmentation fault
> $
>

> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers hardy-updates
> APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'),
> (500, 'hardy')
> Architecture: i386 (i686)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-19-server (SMP w/1 CPU core)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> Versions of packages stalin depends on:
> ii dpkg-dev 1.14.16.6ubuntu4 package building tools
> for Debian
> ii libc6 2.7-10ubuntu4 GNU C Library: Shared
> libraries
> ii libgc-dev 1:6.8-1.1 conservative garbage
> collector for
>
> stalin recommends no packages.
>
> -- no debconf information

Can you file this on launchpad? I know the system sent it to the users
mailing list, but it never gets worked if it stays here.

The right place to file bug reports is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu

That will give the developers a chance to see if they can fix it.

Thanks.

--
Charlie Kravetz