Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Scott Berry

Default setting up mysql

Have a nice day,
Scott Berry
E-mail: N7zib@northlc.com

This is always tricky for me. How do I set up a user account in mysql
to allow me to creat groups and grant permissions? Can I do it with out
using mysql as my user. I would prefer it be under scott. just as my
account name. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:41 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Scott Berry wrote:
> Have a nice day,
> Scott Berry
> E-mail: N7zib@northlc.com
>
> This is always tricky for me. How do I set up a user account in mysql
> to allow me to creat groups and grant permissions? Can I do it with out
> using mysql as my user. I would prefer it be under scott. just as my
> account name. Thanks for the help.

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-users.html . You have
to create the initial account as root.

Matt Flaschn