Old 12-17-2008, 12:49 AM
NoOp

Default how to install ubuntu to a web book

On 12/16/2008 04:36 PM, ELIZABETH KITCHEN wrote:
> elonex linux web book

Appears that it can be ordered with Ubuntu:
<http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/reviews/review.phtml/3346/4370/elonex-webbook-notebook-netbook-review.phtml>
so you might want to contact the supplier and ask.

http://www.elonex.co.uk/support/support.shtm

By 'oem-config-prepare fails' do you mean the OEM install via the
Alternate CD? It will be helpful if you can provide some actual details
of what you are using to do the install, etc., etc. Expecting folks to
to googling what you are refering to isn't going to get you very far here.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 AM
ELIZABETH KITCHEN

when i start the laptop a lenox linus the one thats installed on laptop when you buy it has an error in the oem how do you reinstall ubuntu without it loading up properly or have any cd drives just hard drive

Old 12-17-2008, 01:07 AM
"Anthony M. Rasat"

Mario Spinthiras wrote:
>narrow down your terminology : web book?

My guess is ... Netbook?

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465
Web http://www.jpnn.com

Old 12-17-2008, 01:10 AM
NoOp

On 12/16/2008 06:03 PM, ELIZABETH KITCHEN wrote:
> when i start the laptop a lenox linus the one thats installed on laptop when you buy it has an error in the oem how do you reinstall ubuntu without it loading up properly or have any cd drives just hard drive

OK. So, I'll repeat:

http://www.elonex.co.uk/support/support.shtm

And add this:

http://www.elonex.co.uk/support/products/webbooklinux.shtm

<quote>
To reinstall your Linux operating system please contact the support
helpdesk.
</quote>

* Contact Support
* How to contact Elonex Support
*
* Tel: 0871 90 296 90

Your best bet is to contact them and ask.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Phil Tann

Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
> Mario Spinthiras wrote:
>
>> narrow down your terminology : web book?
>>

> My guess is ... Netbook?

My guess too!
try creating a Bootable USB Ubuntu drive, boot from that and install as
per normal once booted. I did this yesterday with my aspire one, it
took about 20 mins to install... but no drama's.

Phil Tann
phil.tann@gmail.com

"The great thing about standards is that there's so many to choose from!"