Old 12-16-2008, 01:21 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default Ubuntu on a stick

I want to put a desktop Ubuntu LiveCD-Rom onto a USB memory
stick. Learned that UNetbootin was a package that will do the trick. So
about 3 weeks ago I d/l this package. When I ran it this morning, after
making it an exicutable file, it complained of not finding mtools and
p7zip so I used apt-get install and loaded both packages. They loaded
just fine.

Then put a 1 GB stick in the computer and ran UNetbootin from a
Termainal. Since I have a .iso file for Hardy on my computer I used that
and in just a few minutes I have the whole thing on the stick. It boots
fine.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI