Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 AM
"Alex Polite"

Default How to set the CPU temp where the fan kicks in?

I just got myself a Lenovo Ideapad s10e (Lenovos take on the netbook concept) and I'm happy to report that everything works out of the proverbial box with 8.10.

One thing I'd like to change though is the temperature at which the CPU fan kicks in. It's seems to be set to 40 C by default. I'd like to bump it up to 50 C.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that?
*
alex

--
http://polite.se

Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
"Hatem "

Have you tried bios
settings?

*

Hatem

*

Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 AM
"Alex Polite"

2008/12/16 Hatem <hatem@rivadulla.org>

Have you tried bios
settings?

*
Yep, it's not in there.

alex

--
http://polite.se

Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Chris Jones

> One thing I'd like to change though is the temperature at which the CPU
> fan kicks in. It's seems to be set to 40 C by default. I'd like to bump
> it up to 50 C.
>
> Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

I used to do exactly this on a dell using gkrellm and a dell specific
plugin (i8kutils I think). Maybe there is something similar for Lenovo
machines ?

Chris

Old 12-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Chris Jones

Alex Polite wrote:
> I just got myself a Lenovo Ideapad s10e (Lenovos take on the netbook
> concept) and I'm happy to report that everything works out of the
> proverbial box with 8.10.
>
> One thing I'd like to change though is the temperature at which the CPU
> fan kicks in. It's seems to be set to 40 C by default. I'd like to bump
> it up to 50 C.
>
> Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

Did you try searching the web ?

Simply typing "lenovo fan control" into google lead me straight to

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_control_fan_speed

seems to do what you are asking ?

Chris