-   -   hardware question for 8.10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/212677-hardware-question-8-10-a.html)

dwain 12-16-2008 07:18 AM

hardware question for 8.10

currently i am running 8.10 on a rig with a pii processor and a gig of ram and a nvidia fx5200 pci graphis card.

i want to build a faster rig.* is there anyone out there running 8.10 on a quad core processor (amd phenom) and 4-8 gigs of ram with a pcie video card?

if so :
1. what motherboard are you suing and which graphics card are you using.* i have a preliminary box with parts assembled and i would like to check out what i have against othere setups.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God. *" - Kahlil Gibran

"Steve Flynn" 12-16-2008 12:05 PM

hardware question for 8.10

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:18 AM, dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:

> i want to build a faster rig. is there anyone out there running 8.10 on a
> quad core processor (amd phenom) and 4-8 gigs of ram with a pcie video card?

Yes. I have a Dell XPS 520 with a quad core Q6600, 4 gig of ram and an
Nvidia GT8800 Grpahics card.
> if so :
> 1. what motherboard are you suing and which graphics card are you using. i
> have a preliminary box with parts assembled and i would like to check out
> what i have against othere setups.

The motherboard is a Dell proprietory - at least if it's not I cannot
see any manufacturers markigns on it. It's running a Dell modified
BIOS so I cannot tell from any BIOS entries whether it's a rebadged
OEM board.

Graphics card is a GT8800.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

dwain 12-26-2008 09:02 AM

hardware question for 8.10

The motherboard is a Dell proprietory - at least if it's not I cannot

see any manufacturers markigns on it. It's running a Dell modified

BIOS so I cannot tell from any BIOS entries whether it's a rebadged

OEM board.

Graphics card is a GT8800.

thanks for the reply.* this one's on file.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God. *" - Kahlil Gibran