Old 12-16-2008, 06:17 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default aio errors

Hello,

I am trying to execute MPI programs on ubuntu 8.10 ( 64 bit ) and I am getting the following errors

undefined reference to `aio_error64'
/home//Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `aio_read64'

/home//Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `aio_write64'
/home/Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `aio_return64'
/home/Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to `aio_suspend64'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What package I must installed. I was thinking that AIO is the part of OS only and must come
with the linux OS itself.

Thanks.
csv

Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Derek Broughton

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to execute MPI programs on ubuntu 8.10 ( 64 bit ) and I am
> getting the following errors
>
> undefined reference to `aio_error64'
> /home//Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
> `aio_read64'
> /home//Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
> `aio_write64'
> /home/Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
> `aio_return64'
> /home/Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
> `aio_suspend64'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> What package I must installed. I was thinking that AIO is the part of
> OS only and must come with the linux OS itself.

Probably libaio. Have you tried looking for the appropriate MPI apps as
Ubuntu packages? There are lots of them...
--
derek

Old 12-17-2008, 03:23 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> Hello,

> I am trying to execute MPI programs on ubuntu 8.10 ( 64 bit ) and I am

> getting the following errors

> undefined reference to `aio_error64'

> /home//Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to

> `aio_read64'

> /home//Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to

> `aio_write64'

> /home/Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to

> `aio_return64'

> /home/Software/ParComp/MPICH2/lib/libmpich.so: undefined reference to

> `aio_suspend64'

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> What package I must installed. I was thinking that AIO is the part of

> OS only and must come with the linux OS itself.

Probably libaio. *Have you tried looking for the appropriate MPI apps as

Ubuntu packages? *There are lots of them...

--

derek

Hello,

Thanks for the important information. Looks ubuntu applications are interesting.

bye.
csv