-   -   Huh? (was: Install problems with Partition Window) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/212570-huh-install-problems-partition-window.html)

"Chris Mohler" 12-16-2008 01:18 AM

Huh? (was: Install problems with Partition Window)

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> You never asked a question. You gave us a pile of disconnected words
> and asked if it is pertinent. It is not! I think you tried to upgrade a
> Ubuntu 7.10 to a 8.04 and are having trouble. This has been the norm
> when upgrading that many versions.
>
> Now tell us what happened AFTER you got 8.04 all installed.

You blame the OP for not asking a question, which he clearly did.
Then you suggest the the OP "gave us a pile of disconnected words."
That's ironic - I can't think of a better phrase to encompass the
totality of your posting! And finally, the OP has a problem
*installing* 8.04 from CD, and you tell him to come back "AFTER" 8.04
is installed - very nice.

0 for 3.

Chris

PS - I forget if changing the subject in the gmail interface starts a
new thread - I apologize if this message lands on the original
thread...