Old 12-15-2008, 07:57 AM
"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy"

Default Intrepid kernel compilation for Dell GX 280 MT

Hi Guys,

I have a Dell GX 280 I face problems with several programs (Avidemux, Acidrip) which don't seem to could be solved. I suspicious about that I should compile the kernel one hand and dig for more about those above mentioned programs on the other hand.

I never did kernel compilation before. I've been usng the Ubuntu for more than a year and I cannot fully switch to linux because I can't use it for my everyday hobby which is soundmanipulation, cutting etc. I tried UbuntuStudio as well but I faced the same problems with Avidemux and Audacity. Sometimes I have sound in Audacity sometimes not. Avidemux never worked properly on either system but only on windows...

Can you help me find a way to make my computer work properly as it wors under windows unfortunately.... I'm tired of chasing after serials...

Zoltan

Old 12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a Dell GX 280 I face problems with several programs (Avidemux,
> Acidrip) which don't seem to could be solved. I suspicious about that I
> should compile the kernel one hand and dig for more about those above
> mentioned programs on the other hand.
> I never did kernel compilation before. I've been usng the Ubuntu for more
> than a year and I cannot fully switch to linux because I can't use it for my
> everyday hobby which is soundmanipulation, cutting etc. I tried UbuntuStudio
> as well but I faced the same problems with Avidemux and Audacity. Sometimes
> I have sound in Audacity sometimes not. Avidemux never worked properly on
> either system but only on windows...
>
> Can you help me find a way to make my computer work properly as it wors
> under windows unfortunately.... I'm tired of chasing after serials...
>

> Zoltan

I assume you have the new Intrepid kernel which was an update a few
weeks ago. If that caused something to not work please report that.

Changing kernels is a big task and it can lead to more problems.
Please do not do that.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy"

Ok, than I won't do that.

The problem is mainly with the sound servers, when using Avidemux and Audacity. As I said, most Avidemux, DVDauthor never worked properly neither Ubunto Hardy nor Intrepid or prior form 7.10. I think this is a major problem since I tried Ubuntu Studio and it promises multimedia creation. I've benn trying to get to work those application properly for months.

Zoltan

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy wrote:

> Hi Guys,

> I have a Dell GX 280 I face problems with several programs (Avidemux,

> Acidrip) which don't seem to could be solved. I suspicious about that I

> should compile the kernel one hand and dig for more about those above

> mentioned programs on the other hand.

> I never did kernel compilation before. I've been usng the Ubuntu for more

> than a year and I cannot fully switch to linux because I can't use it for my

> everyday hobby which is soundmanipulation, cutting etc. I tried UbuntuStudio

> as well but I faced the same problems with Avidemux and Audacity. Sometimes

> I have sound in Audacity sometimes not. Avidemux never worked properly on

> either system but only on windows...

> Can you help me find a way to make my computer work properly as it wors

> under windows unfortunately.... I'm tired of chasing after serials...

> Zoltan

* *I assume you have the new Intrepid kernel which was an update a few

weeks ago. If that caused something to not work please report that.

* *Changing kernels is a big task and it can lead to more problems.

Please do not do that.

Karl

--

* * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

* * * *Linux User

* * * *#450462 * http://counter.li.org.

* PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C *ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7