Old 12-13-2008, 09:07 PM
"Leonard Bussey"

Default Using IPAQ with Ubuntu

Hello, I have been using Ubuntu for about 5 months now and it serves just about all of my needs except when it comes to syncing with my IPAQ,* I have an IPAQ 2215 and have been able to sync it to my evolution calendar and addressbook, using SynCE and MultiSync.* I also have started experimenting wtih OpenSync but have not been able to get it working properly yet.* I still have not found a way to install PocketPC programs onto the IPAQ using Ubuntu.* Has anyone on this list had any success with this?* Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.*

--
How can I fix it, if it isn't broken!

Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Leonard Bussey

Hello all,
I am using Ubuntu Hardy on an IBM Thinkpad. I also use a HP IPAQ
PocketPC. I can sync the IPAQ with my Evolution calendar and contacts,
using SynCE and Multisync. I have not found a way to transfer email or
install programs on the IPAQ yet.

I would like to know if there is a way in Ubuntu, like ActiveSync in
Windows, to install PocketPC programs and transfer email to the IPAQ.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.