Old 12-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Glenn Holmer

Default console font

Many years ago, when I first started with Slackware, it offered a choice
of console fonts (in fact, I just found out it still does). Then for
ten more years, I used SUSE, which also allowed this (by manual
configuration). Earlier this year, I switched to Ubuntu, and I find
myself missing the "t.fnt" console font.

How do I do this in Ubuntu?

--
"After the vintage season came the aftermath - and Cenbe."
Glenn Holmer (Q-Link: ShadowM) http://www.lyonlabs.org

Old 12-13-2008, 01:06 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Glenn Holmer <gholmer@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Many years ago, when I first started with Slackware, it offered a choice
> of console fonts (in fact, I just found out it still does). Then for
> ten more years, I used SUSE, which also allowed this (by manual
> configuration). Earlier this year, I switched to Ubuntu, and I find
> myself missing the "t.fnt" console font.
>
> How do I do this in Ubuntu?

See /etc/default/console-setup and man setupcon

Warning - it's confusing because there are more than one way of doing
things, and I believe Ubuntu switched from one to the other when
Dapper came out. Documentation thus can be confusing or misleading.
console-setup vs console-tools if I remember right. Sorry I can't be
more specific, but I'm not 100% clear myself right now.

Brian