-   -   Ubuntu 8.10 + Avidemux (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/211015-ubuntu-8-10-avidemux.html)

"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy" 12-12-2008 09:54 PM

Ubuntu 8.10 + Avidemux

Hi!

I got problems with Avidemux as it follows:

1. I can't play sound after opening vob files, it does indexing and appending them though
I was googling for this problem, and tried all I founded regarding to switching to ALSA default but neither of them worked

2. Part of the program's window cannot be seen and the whole window cannot be resized, so many buttons are not seen on the desktop
It seems to be unable to resize itself smaller than the actual imported vob file's pixels...

If anyone can help me, please do it.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Zoltan

komputes 12-18-2008 11:49 AM

Ubuntu 8.10 + Avidemux

Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I got problems with Avidemux as it follows:
>
> 1. I can't play sound after opening vob files, it does indexing and
> appending them though
> I was googling for this problem, and tried all I founded regarding to
> switching to ALSA default but neither of them worked

Not exactly like Zoltan, I have always had issues with audio playback in
Avidemux. I usually run in without audio. Has anyone successfully opened
a video in Avidemux where you were able to hear the audio while it was
playing?

Any tips?

-komputes

"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy" 12-18-2008 02:34 PM

Ubuntu 8.10 + Avidemux

Hi Komputes,

I still have the same issue although I've been searching for solving that problem.
Avidemux wouldn't produce playback sound with any soundserver. videmux work almost properly under Win except resizing the windows is also a problem on both operation system.

I must have an application which helps me cut off sound from decrypted DVD-s. I can do it easily under win. Sound has alwasy been an issue under linux ever since I'm trying to use it.

Zoltan