-   -   Learning tricks with Gmail (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/210923-learning-tricks-gmail.html)

"Karl F. Larsen" 12-12-2008 07:16 PM

Learning tricks with Gmail

I was happy with Gmail and IMAP but was asked by friends why I
changed my email address from k5di@zianet.com to klarsen1@gmail.com? I
allowed it came with the change to Gmail.

But got to thinking it might be which outgoing SMTP I choose to use.
I checked my Thunderbird and it is the one that makes that choice and it
has been choosing gmail. I decided to do a thing Thunderbird does not
advise and I added to the gmail outgoing the zianet SMTP and then
looked at what I could do.

This email will be done with my zianet.com SMTP because I decided to
do it. I got to the From box and change it to my Home account and it
uses the old SMTP. Cool.

Well that didn't work because I am not a member of this list with
the zianet address...so here it is again and will work.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User