Old 12-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Scott Berry

Default trouble with asterisk

Have a nice day,
Scott Berry
E-mail: N7zib@northlc.com

I tried contacting the asterisk list with this question so I thought I
would through it over here since I didn't get a response. I am using
the Asterisk: The future of Telephony and on Chapter 4 the beginning of
the config. I have set up already an FXO port and an FXS port but no
equipment right at the moment. For the mean time I'll use ZTdummy as a
timing interface and I have no Zaptel hardware but want to have the
Zaptel channels available to me.

Now for the question:

When I run "asterisk -r" for remote asterisk I get the following error:

Unable to connect to remote asterisk (do you
have /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl?)

I certainly checked on that and I do have that file. I also noticed
that in "/var/log/asterisk/messages" that I have an error concerning
something like 100 modules loading. I think that was due to the fact
that I did a mod-assist when installing the zaptel stuff. I noticed one
warning message also but can't remember exactly what it said. Also when
I run "asterisk -c" for