Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 PM
"mparrilla@ono.com"

Default udev rules not working

Hello

I have a usb pen drive and I want it to be mounted in a
particular directory when I plug it.

I have written a udev rule in the
file /etc/udev/rules.d/50-MyRule.rules:

BUS=="usb", KERNEL=="sd?1",
ATTRS{product}=="USB DISK 2.0", ATTRS{serial}=="078A184502BD", NAME="%
k", SYMLINK+="usb16GB%n"

and added to /etc/fstab the line:

/dev/usb16GB1 /mnt/usbdisk ext3 users,noauto,exec,suid 0 0

But when I plug the pen drive, it is automounted in /media/usb0,
ignoring my udev rule.

If I umount the device and do:

mount
/mnt/usbdisk