Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
"Anthony M. Rasat"

Default ssh works fine

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> I installed the client in my Hardy and then on
>my laptop I used ssh karl@192.168.0.4
>and after a delay and a yes it connected. Used my
>password and it worked and I could see everything on
>my home Hardy on my laptop. It was good to see again.

Congratulation, Karl.

And why are you telling this again?

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Barat 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465
Web http://www.jpnn.com

Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> I installed the client in my Hardy and then on
>> my laptop I used ssh karl@192.168.0.4
>> and after a delay and a yes it connected. Used my
>> password and it worked and I could see everything on
>> my home Hardy on my laptop. It was good to see again.
>>

> Congratulation, Karl.
>
> And why are you telling this again?

Because there are lots of new people on the list who missed it the
first time.

Karl

Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Nigel Henry

On Thursday 11 December 2008 22:29, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
> > Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> >> I installed the client in my Hardy and then on
> >> my laptop I used ssh karl@192.168.0.4
> >> and after a delay and a yes it connected. Used my
> >> password and it worked and I could see everything on
> >> my home Hardy on my laptop. It was good to see again.
> >
> > Congratulation, Karl.
> >
> > And why are you telling this again?
>
> Because there are lots of new people on the list who missed it the
> first time.
>
> Karl

Touché Anthony. Now that's a really good reply Karl. A real bit of cut, and
thrust.

I think this sort of post is known as "Repetition for emphasis"

Nigel.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Shannon McMackin

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
>> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> I installed the client in my Hardy and then on
>>> my laptop I used ssh karl@192.168.0.4
>>> and after a delay and a yes it connected. Used my
>>> password and it worked and I could see everything on
>>> my home Hardy on my laptop. It was good to see again.
>>>

>> Congratulation, Karl.
>>
>> And why are you telling this again?
>>

> Because there are lots of new people on the list who missed it the
> first time.
>
> Karl

Actually, if anyone searched this forum on ssh, whether it was using a
news-reader or a web-based system, your original post would come up.

On a side note, if I found this re-post and was a new user I wouldn't
really know what to do with it. It's not clear what problem you're
addressing.

In the future, please try to involve some more detail for the benefit of
the masses...