Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default ssh localhost without passphrase

Hello,

From the root window, I can do ssh localhost, but after that it ask for passphrase. How can I disallow passphrase recursively ?

May be the following* output will clarify my doubt.

csv610@blackhole:~$ ssh localhost

Linux blackhole 2.6.27-9-generic #1 SMP Thu Nov 20 22:15:32 UTC 2008 x86_64

The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Ubuntu comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by
applicable law.

To access official Ubuntu documentation, please visit:
http://help.ubuntu.com/

Last login: Thu Dec 11 23:42:08 2008 from localhost
csv610@blackhole:~$ ssh localhost
Enter passphrase for key '/home/csv610/.ssh/id_rsa':

Thanks.
csv