Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Kent Borg

Default Reverting to 8.04 and Rhythmbox Fails

I tried an upgrade to 8.10 briefly, it wasn't entirely happy, I
concluded I need to do a fresh install...but in the mean time I reverted
to 8.04.

Now, Rhythmbox can't download new podcasts. It says "Waiting". 8.10
touched my home directory and now I have something incompatible when
back at 8.04. I have a backup of my home directory from before I tried
the upgrade, what files should I be reverting? I don't want to revert
everything because I did work under 8.10 before I reverted the OS.

So far I have reverted:

.gnome2/rhythmbox/
Podcasts/
.gconf/apps/rhythmbox
.gstreamer-0.10/

I understand that Rhythmbox does its downloads via gvfs and suspect it
is broken. What config files does gvfs have in my home directory?

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent who verified that Rhythmbox works for a new test user with
a fresh home directory.