Old 12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Geff Lampshire

Default recommended java plugin installation

Being a bit new to Ubuntu - what is the consensus for the best way to
install java plugin to work with Firefox?

apparently there's still not a a 64b plugin, so while I have 64b Java,
but still need to configure the 32b plugin. But I don't have 32b
libraries installed.

--Geff

--
Geoffrey Lampshire
N38 56' 36.7"

Old 12-09-2008, 03:42 PM
"Mark Haney"

Geff Lampshire wrote:
> Being a bit new to Ubuntu - what is the consensus for the best way to
> install java plugin to work with Firefox?
>
> apparently there's still not a a 64b plugin, so while I have 64b Java,
> but still need to configure the 32b plugin. But I don't have 32b
> libraries installed.
>
> --Geff

The icedtea plugin is 64 bit. Although it's still a little flaky. I
have heard that the next iteration of Java from Sun will have a 64-bit
plugin.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support