Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
"Slim Joe"

Default Utility to get UPS stats

I like to get some info off my APC UPS, which is
equipped with a USB communication port. However
I don't like to install a full client-server
suite like NUT or run some program as a daemon.
Is there a utility that would allow me to do a
one-off query of the UPS, for example, to get
the current load?

Note: I know that NUT has utilities like upsc
and upslog, but these require the NUT server
to be installed.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Res

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Slim Joe wrote:

> I like to get some info off my APC UPS, which is
> equipped with a USB communication port. However
> I don't like to install a full client-server
> suite like NUT or run some program as a daemon.
> Is there a utility that would allow me to do a
> one-off query of the UPS, for example, to get
> the current load?
>
> Note: I know that NUT has utilities like upsc
> and upslog, but these require the NUT server
> to be installed.

For APC UPS's use apcupsd, if theres no Ubuntu deb package go to
http://apcupsd.sf.net
It has a nice status output as well as easy control of lcoal and LAN based
boxes.

EG, my home UPS shows this...

~# apcaccess

APC : 001,026,0637
DATE : Tue Dec 09 08:22:59 EST 2008
HOSTNAME : fox
RELEASE : 3.14.4
VERSION : 3.14.4 (18 May 2008) slackware
UPSNAME : fox
CABLE : USB Cable
MODEL : Back-UPS 500
UPSMODE : Stand Alone
STARTTIME: Sat Dec 06 17:45:16 EST 2008
STATUS : ONLINE
BCHARGE : 100.0 Percent
TIMELEFT : 27.0 Minutes
MBATTCHG : 5 Percent
MINTIMEL : 4 Minutes
MAXTIME : 0 Seconds
NUMXFERS : 0
TONBATT : 0 seconds
CUMONBATT: 0 seconds
XOFFBATT : N/A
STATFLAG : 0x07000008 Status Flag
MANDATE : 2003-05-07
SERIALNO : BB0%0%0%0%0%
BATTDATE : 2003-05-07
FIRMWARE : 6.4.I USB FW: c1
APCMODEL : Back-UPS 500
END APC : Tue Dec 09 08:22:59 EST 2008

--
Res

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!