Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Noah

Default ogg to mp3 format program recommendation

Hi there,

I am hoping somebody on the list can recommend a command line based
program that can transform ogg format files to mp3 format?

Cheers,

Noah

Old 12-08-2008, 07:59 PM
"Brian McKee"

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Noah <admin2@enabled.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am hoping somebody on the list can recommend a command line based
> program that can transform ogg format files to mp3 format?

Going to mp3, lame is the most commonly used I believe, and works very well.

Brian

Old 12-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Rashkae

http://emptybits.com/ogg2mp3

Old 12-09-2008, 03:45 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

I would not recomment do transfer anything from one lossy format to another lossy format. The result will always be even lossier.

Apart from that, ffmpeg should do the trick, shouldn't it?

Look for it in with Synaptics.

When you installed it, open a console, cd to a folder with ogg files, then type:

ffmpeg -i *.ogg *.mp3

This converts them all in one easy command.

Of course you can convert them one by one:

ffmpeg -i OldName.ogg NewName.mp3

or

ffmpeg -i MySong.ogg MySong.mp3

The original ogg files will not be deleted. After the command, you will have your ogg files and yout mp3 files.

Maybe you can do like this too, but I didn't try it myself:

mkdir ConvertedSongs
ffmpeg -i *.ogg ConvertedSongs/*.mp3

J.R.