Old 01-22-2011, 04:57 PM
user1

Default windows completely disappear when "minimize" button clicked

I am using ubuntu 10.10 ubuntu netbook edidtion - I installed from an
ubuntu alternate cd, then I installed kde which I have been using for
several years - but then something did not work so well any more in kde
(kmail and klipper) so I switched to ubuntu netbook edition (after having
heard Shuttleworth's words).

My netbook has worked well, but now when I click on a minimize window
icon the window closes down (alt+tab works when I do it in the proper
virtual desktop - I have 6 running).

I use the option to minimize windows a lot and then I need to be able to
see all the minimised windows in the panel.

The minimize window function still works ok in my kde desktop?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Jacob Mansfield

just click on the button for it on the left, it's kinda like a mac's docking bar
Jacob Mansfield
Programmer

Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
user1

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:22:21 +0000, Jacob Mansfield wrote:

> just click on the button for it on the left

I am not quite sure what you mean by that?

The minimize button stopped working after I had been fiddling with the
System - Preferences - System Settings - Desktop Effects - in order to
get rid of the wobbling effect of my windows - I had tried a lot in
various ways (without any luck).

Old 01-23-2011, 03:31 AM
Varsha Jaikumar

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:04 AM, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:22:21 +0000, Jacob Mansfield wrote:

> just click on the button for it on the left

I am not quite sure what you mean by that?

The minimize button stopped working after I had been fiddling with the

System - Preferences - System Settings - Desktop Effects - in order to

get rid of the wobbling effect of my windows - I had tried a lot in

various ways (without any luck).

Try moving the separator (if you have any) on the panel. It might have been moved to a corner. Happened to me once.

--

Varsha Jaikumar
Computer Science & Engineering (4th year)

Old 01-23-2011, 03:44 AM
MR ZenWiz

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Varsha Jaikumar <var2424@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:04 AM, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:22:21 +0000, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
>>
>> > just click on the button for it on the left
>>
>> I am not quite sure what you mean by that?
>>
>> The minimize button stopped working after I had been fiddling with the
>> System - Preferences - System Settings - Desktop Effects - in order to
>> get rid of the wobbling effect of my windows - I had tried a lot in
>> various ways (without any luck).
>>
> Try moving the separator (if you have any) on the panel. It might have been
> moved to a corner. Happened to me once.

That would change the position of the button, not its function.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Varsha Jaikumar

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:14 AM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Varsha Jaikumar <var2424@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 5:04 AM, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:

>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:22:21 +0000, Jacob Mansfield wrote:

>> > just click on the button for it on the left

>> I am not quite sure what you mean by that?

>> The minimize button stopped working after I had been fiddling with the

>> System - Preferences - System Settings - Desktop Effects - in order to

>> get rid of the wobbling effect of my windows - I had tried a lot in

>> various ways (without any luck).

> Try moving the separator (if you have any) on the panel. It might have been

> moved to a corner. Happened to me once.

That would change the position of the button, not its function.

I think his problem is, that the panel doesn't show minimized windows, as he said "I need to be able to

Old 01-23-2011, 04:06 AM
MR ZenWiz

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 9:57 AM, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
:

> My netbook has worked well, but now when I click on a minimize window
> icon the window closes down (alt+tab works when I do it in the proper
> virtual desktop - I have 6 running).
>
> I use the option to minimize windows a lot and then I need to be able to
> see all the minimised windows in the panel.

What "minimize window icon" do you mean?

Also, what is your "Windows Grouping" setting?