Old 11-14-2008, 04:12 PM
"sukhwinder"

Default DMA disabled by default for optical drives - why?

Plz.give me solution

*

Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Rashkae

sukhwinder wrote:
> Plz.give me solution

I presume you use an IDE optical drive. Are there any other devices
attached to the same chanel (ie, Master/Slave Device)

I've also seen many computers with a UDMA DVD drive attached to the old
40 pin style ribbon cable. If your drive supports UDMA, be sure you use
an 80-pin UDMA cable, least your bios downgrade DMA for you.