-   -   Netbook remix vs Ubuntu mobile edition vs regular ol Ubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/193439-netbook-remix-vs-ubuntu-mobile-edition-vs-regular-ol-ubuntu.html)

"Brian McKee" 11-14-2008 03:35 PM

Netbook remix vs Ubuntu mobile edition vs regular ol Ubuntu

Can someone comment on what exactly the Ubuntu Mobile edition would
give a netbook owner?

I've got an Acer Aspire One here that's dying to be relieved of it's
Windows install, and originally I figured on Hardy with the packages
from the Netbook remix. Now I see this 'Mobile Edition' of Intrepid,
but I *think* it's more for touch screens and cellphone/PDA type
stuff? Can anybody using it comment on the differences as I've looked
at the project pages and I'm still not clear.

Thanks
Brian